* Why the sun lighten our hair, but darkens our skin?
* Why women can't put mascara on with their mouths closed?
* Why you've never seen the headline "Psychic wins lottery"?
* Why "abbreviated" is such a long word?
* Why doctors call what they do "practice"?
* Why you have to click on "Start" to stop Windows on your PC?
* Why lemon juice is made with artificial flavours, while dishwashing liquid is made with real lemons?
* Why the man who invests all your money is calles a broker?
* Why there isn't mouse-flavoured cat food?
* Who tastes dog food when it has a "new and improved" flavour?
* Why don't they make the whole plane out of the material used for the indestructible black box?
* Why sheep don't shrink when it rains?
* Why, if con is the opposite of pro, Congress not the opposite of progress?
* Why they call the airport "the terminal" if flying is supposed to be so safe?
Spotted by Esther Au Yong and published at The New Paper 22/7/06 page 26...